Yes we all have that one friend who comes to the party capital of our country but does not drink, smoke or enjoy partying. I, being one of those have compiled a list of fun things to do in this beautiful place while everyone else follows the crowd!!
Top ten things every “boring” person will love to do in Goa.
1. Snorkelling off Bat island and Navy Island
Trust me this will be one of the best days you spend here, imagine under-sea exploration meets dolphin sightings.
2. Visit a spice farm
Hectares of land dotted with cashew trees; spices and herbs like vanilla, cardamom and cinnamon. Add to this delicious lunch, folk dances, a challenge to climb the beetle nut palms and an elephant ride!
3. Water sports on Baga or Calangute
The banana boat rides, jet skis and parasailing off these popular beaches will definitely feed the adrenaline junkie in you.
4. Satisfy your inner shopoholic
The Ingo’s Saturday night market, Anjuna flea market and street shopping here will tickle your senses and be light on your wallet.
5. Visit the Basilica of Bom Jesus, for its raw baroque architecture
The only church that was stripped off its lime plaster thus enhancing the Ionic, Doric and Corinthian order columns.
6. Hit up one of the luxury hotels in Goa for a spa treatment, you will definitely thank me for this one!
7. Head over to one of those uber comfortable shacks to relish some of the local cuisine with your favourite iced tea.
8. Follow the narrow, winding paths of the oldest Latin quarters of Panaji namely Fontainhas, while absorbing the yellow, blue and green Portugese Villas.
9. Sink your feet into the untouched white sand of Benaulim, Arambol or Palolem beaches all native to this tiny state.
10. Last but definitely a must do here is to hire a two wheeler, take to the streets of Goa and embrace the ultimate calm and pristine beauty of the wilderness as you let go of all the hustle – bustle, worries and problems of your world out of sight and out of mind.
Are you looking for Amazing Things-to-do in India?
- Discover local tours and experiences with Padhaaro
- Connect with interesting Padhaaro locals