On the third lane of V.V Mohalla of Mysore is Tina’s café created out of passion of Ms. Tina Sasson. As our expert greeter, she shares with us the experiences with the café, cooking classes that she has been taking for last 14 years and her passion for travelling..
1) Your cafe is extremely popular and I am sure good food and service is the reason behind it. When did you start with the cafe and how has the experience been for you till now?
Tina’s cafe was started by us 7 years ago in the same location. It has been a very fulfilling experience since we were initially a 12 seater small cafe, and now we can seat up to 60 people. I would like to add that here our guests did not let us close for a single day through the extensive reservations and opting to eat by candlelight for a full week. In this 7 year journey we have made some very good friends. We have learnt about eating habits of people from all over the world.
2) Mysore is a beautiful place. What’s one thing about it that you love the most?
The weather of Mysore is undoubtedly the best thing about it and of course, the greenery.
3) Cooking to you is…
Cooking to me is the surest and fastest way to any one’s heart.
4) Your restaurant is known for awesome home cooked delicacies at a reasonable rate. What apart from that sets your restaurant apart from the rest?
Tina’s cafe prides itself in knowing most of our guests by their names. We make a conscious effort to interact with our guests a lot, healthy camaraderie is encouraged between the huge spectrums of age groups that visit us.
5) Can you provide our tourists with brief details about your work, cooking classes and passion for travelling and cooking?
I have been giving cooking classes to travelers from all over the world for the last 14 years, it has been very rewarding. I’ve learnt more about different cultures, cuisines, from my classes than from any geography book! I have managed to see the world through my students sitting in my living room have had the opportunity to interact with world class chefs namely Vikram Vij and honestly I wouldn’t want to do anything else.
6) Anything else that you would like to add about the expert led tour about our tourists.
I would like to add that we have organized custom made tours for large groups to wildlife parks around Mysore. Temple tours with an archeology professor as a guide, lectures on Indian history, music sessions by world renowned Mysore Manjunath brothers, Ravi Shankar Mishra, Buto artists from Japan to name a few.
If you are visiting Mysore and wish to see this beautiful city from the eyes of Tina, please fill the Greeter/Expert Request form here.
Are you looking for Amazing Things-to-do in India?
- Discover local tours and experiences with Padhaaro
- Connect with interesting Padhaaro locals