Shimla is one of the few places in India where you can still find the glimpse of the colonial era. The place is so full of life and serenity and hence attracts a lot of tourists from all over the place. The aura of the place is always pleasing and is ever beautiful be it in summers or winters. One cannot get enough of this beautiful hill station since there are so many things to do here. Here are few of the many things one must absolutely experience in this beautiful town.
1. Hop onto the Vintage Toy trains from Kalka to Shimla for the best scenic ride.
2. Saunter on the Ridge to enjoy the antiquated architecture and the adjacent mountain beauty.
3. Take a peep into the colonial history at Indian Institute of Advanced study, also known as Vice Regal Lodge.
4. Glide through the snow on the only open-air Ice skating rink in India.
5. Immerse into the astounding beauty of nature by the The Glen waterfall.
6. Seek some spirituality at the ancient Lord Hanuman temple situated atop Jakhoo Hill.
7. Gorge on the hot steamy dumplings at local food deli in the chilly evening.
8. Stroll through Lakkar Bazaar for wooden souvenirs and other local handicrafts.
“Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have traveled.”
A fervent writer with soul of a gypsy.