Oh my God! The travel agent never told us that the water is going to be so wet.
Why is this ice cream so cold?
Why is the Sun so hot?
Can we see the Moon from India?
These aren’t any hyperbolic statements! Such are the complaints and questions posed by the travelers, coming to India, to the travel agencies or while randomly ranting amongst themselves.
Here’s a list of ridiculously funny questions and complaints related to India by travelers, that we could bring up:
1. Does it ever get windy in India ? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow?
2. Will I be able to see elephants in the street?
3. Do the Indians speak any English or is it impossible to talk to them?
4. I want to walk from Delhi to Goa – can I follow the railroad tracks?
5. “The street signs weren’t in English. I don’t understand how anyone can get around.”
6. Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in India ? Can you send me a list of them in Delhi, Chennai, Calcutta and Bangalore?
7. You say you are a hippie and I hear India, especially Goa, has great drugs… So, can you tell me how much they are and where to get them?
8. Can you give me some information about hippo racing in country-region India?
9. Which direction is North in India?
10. “The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun.”
11. Ok, is it true- do I have to eat with one hand and wipe with another? What IS the toilet situation?
12. Do you celebrate Christmas in India?
13. I’m worried about train and bus travel. I’m afraid it isn’t going to be safe. Don’t they crash a lot too?
14. “The beach was too sandy.”
15. Can you send me the Indiana Pacers matches schedule?
16. Do you have perfume in India?
17. Can I see Taj Mahal anytime?
18. Are there supermarkets in Bangalore, and is milk available all year round?
19. “The brochure stated: ‘No hairdressers at the accommodation’. We’re trainee hairdressers – will we be OK staying there?”
20. “My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.”
21. “No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled.”
22. “There was no sign telling you that you shouldn’t get on the hot air balloon ride if you’re afraid of heights.”
23. “The local women were too beautiful; it made me feel bad about myself.”
24. How long is a one-day pass good for?
So, do YOU have any complaints? 😉
Let us know in the comments section below.
A third year student of Economics from Miranda House, University of Delhi, Anima wants to have a taste of everything in life. With her interests ranging from the love for singing to the passion for sports like basketball and volleyball, she wants to test her abilities in the maximum spheres of life.