Though there is just so much to be explored in this fascinating city, Bangalore, we have tried to bring you a list of all that should be visited or done by anyone and everyone.
1. Have Masala Dosa at Vidyarthi Bhavan
Vidyarthi Bhawan in Gandhi Bazar is 70 years old. Savor the ghee soaked dosa while catching the sight of the waiter carrying about 15 dosas at the same time.
2. Attend Flower Show at Lalbagh
You will get to witness over 200 varieties of flowers and vegetables, huge floral structures in the shape of mushrooms, bananas, coconuts and with props that act as the eyes and lips, these structures make for a beautiful spectacle.
3. A Walk on the MG Road Boulevard
With its numerous art displays and bougainvillea of all colours framing the walkway, art galleries, waterless urinals and pavement space for local artists to sell their wares, a stroll by the MG Road Boulevard is worth it.
4. A visit to Iskcon Temple
5. Early Morning Drive/Ride to Nandi Hill
6. Food Walk during Ramzan at Mosque Road
7. Negotiate with Auto Driver over rigged Meter
8. Attend Chitra Sante by Chitrakala Parishat
9. Ride in a Chariot around Bangalore Palace
10. Attend the Sunday Soul Sante
This is one of the most high profile flea market of Bangalore. Enjoy the evening music and performances, food and the colors all around. Carry a lot of cash since there might be no card swiping facility at some stalls.
11. Watch the latest flick under open sky at Moonlight Theatre
Take full advantage of Bangalore’s pleasant weather, relax on bean bags and beds and get together with other movie buffs in a space designed for about 1,000 people to watch the latest flick under the open sky.
12. Enjoy Karaoke on Kroaknights at Opus
13. Late Night hunger pangs at Hotel Empire
14. Sweet Indulgence at KC Das
15. Drink Coconut Water on the road side
16. Poetry reading at Urban Solace
17. Lights, Drama, Action at Ranga Shankara
18. Indulge in an arty affair at National Gallery of Modern Art
This is a 100 year-old mansion set in the middle of a 3.5 acre green space which has been refurbished and its many stately rooms have been turned into galleries. You can watch films in the auditorium, take a tour of the galleries or grab a bite at the cafe.
19. Have a Kingfisher beer at Dewar’s
Dewar’s Bar is not just another pub around the corners of Bangalore but one that has been keeping its colonial legacy alive in a city that rarely spares a thought for its own cultural past. Dewar’s is at No. 3, Cockburn Road.
20. Are you a book lover? Visit the Blossoms Book Store!
21. English Breakfast at Koshy’s
22. Sip Filter Coffee at MTR
23. Attend a Live Gig at Counter Culture, K R Puram
24. Get engrossed in flower hues at KR Market
25. Early morning jog or evening stroll at Lalbagh
Think we missed out on something? Add in the comments section what you believe is a MUST DO for anyone who is visiting Namma Bengaluru.
We are the editorial team behind Padhaaro. Reach out to us through any of the social links below. Be Calm and Travel!!