Although I hail from Rishikesh and currently living in Delhi, but a trip to Mumbai during my last vacations made me fall in love with this city. Mumbai has its own reasons to leave everyone smitten by its charm. It’s loveable and anybody would love to be in this place than anywhere else.
Here are my reasons of why I would prefer to stay in Mumbai than anywhere else:
1. Mumbai is home to the most popular people in India. YES! The Bollywood stars can be spotted anytime and anywhere on Mumbai roads.
2. You know where to go when in a conundrum! The sea always helps you find answers.
3. A night ride on India’s first eight lane freeway, the Bandra-Worli Sea link is a one of a kind experience.
4. Mumbai local trains help you practise self control. Ain’t that a necessity in today’s world? 😉
5. The city literally never sleeps! You can find the best night life here, without being worried about your safety. (Delhi girls would know better!)
6. It is a quintessential paradoxical place with people like Ambani and also people barely trying to make both ends meet.
7. You can find long queues of people waiting for their turn for the street food, Vada Pav and Missal Pav being the most sought after ones. (Forget the long queues, think about the final fruit!)
8. From Gucci, Prada, Louis Vuitton to street shopping, Mumbai caters to everyone’s needs.
9. Mumbai is the only Indian city which gives you the privilege of travelling in a double-decker bus.
10. The city opens its arms for everyone who lands here with a dream in the eyes and hard work in the soul.
A third year student of Economics from Miranda House, University of Delhi, Anima wants to have a taste of everything in life. With her interests ranging from the love for singing to the passion for sports like basketball and volleyball, she wants to test her abilities in the maximum spheres of life.